When it comes to choosing a water heater, you never run out of options. The most popular choices are the tankless and the traditional water heater units. Choosing the most suitable type of water heater is essential considering the costs and the efficiency of usage. Among one of the most touted brands in the industry is the EcoSmart which produces some of the best electric tankless water heaters.
Known for its compact designed backed with patented and advanced self-modulating technology, the water heaters that they offer is very promising. One of which is the EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater.
Why Go for Tankless?
But before we go deeper into the details of reviewing the product, let’s discuss first why in the first place many opt for a tankless water heater? There are several advantages that you can get in deciding to go for a tankless water heater. When it is sized correctly, you never have to worry about the continuous supply of hot water as the unit directly heats the water as it passes by.
On top of that you can also have the following benefits:
Save Cost: EcoSmart Eco 27 as with the other models in the same brand is designed to be energy efficiency units as they reduce heat loss enabling you to save up to more than 50% on water heating cost. This only means that the unit is only turned on when there is a need for hot water with its self-modulating technology.
Easy Storage: Unlike traditional heaters that consume too much space, this product has a sleek design that can easily be mounted on the wall.
The Eco 27 is a top-rated tankless water heater for several reasons. With the brand’s patented self-modulating technology, everyone can have a limitless supply of hot water as it can generate 3 gallons per minute even in super cold areas. On top of that, the water heater can also handle up to 2 showers all at the same time.
The EcoSmart Eco 27 is packed with a lot of product features that include the following:
- The unit is built by using copper and stainless materials for a more efficient and highly durable unit.
- With its compact size and design, you have a water heater that is sleek and saves space.
- It features a digital temperature control (1-degree increments) that allow you to control hot water.
- Get to save up to almost half of your water heating cost with its self-modulating technology
- The water heater limits the heat output of 105 degrees Fahrenheit so you never have to worry for the safety of children or the elderly using the heater.
In addition to the product features being offered by EcoSmart, here are the additional pros when you use Eco 27.
- This unit gives you excellent performance in terms of the quality and reliability of which this product is made for. It can easily heat the water with the right temperature.
- The unit itself is easy to use and to operate although the initial installation can be slightly complicated.
- The brand offers a lifetime warranty for its parts.
- Cleaning and maintenance is easy. After the unit has been installed, there is no need for professionals to do the job. You can do the cleaning on your own.
- The design is very much space-saving.
- No recovery time which only means that you get to have an endless supply of hot water.
- No wasted electricity since it does not keep the water warm while it is in the tank.
- You will have to thoroughly check the warranty coverage of the product as there have been concerns from other customers regarding the warranty policies being too strict. For the warranty to be valid, only professional installation is required. Doing otherwise may result in a void in the product’s warranty coverage.
- Before purchasing the product, you have to check your electrical services as this unit needs 200 amp minimum with three 40 DP breakers.
Over-all, the EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater is a good buy especially if you are considering to invest in an advanced water heater. It has an ergonomic design that allows you to save space and it is packed with technological features and product specifications so you can enjoy limitless water supply no matter how cold the weather gets.
Since the product is rated to be 99% energy efficient, you get to have an efficient, durable, and reliable water heater unit. The warranty policies might be too strict but come to think of the benefits, they outweigh the cons.
The EcoSmart Eco 27 is definitely worth the price. It is an energy-efficient and nicely designed on-demand water heater that can give you an endless supply of hot water.